- Division: Lovelace Division
- Job Class: Physicians
- Status: Full - Time Regular
- Shift: Day
- Location: Lovelace Regional Hospital
- Department: General Surgery
- Minimum Education Required: MD/DO
- Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Provide clinical care to patients in accordance with regulations to include but not limited to obtaining patient history, ordering labs, diagnostic studies, and arranging referrals.
- Perform Robotic, Laparoscopic, and/ or open surgical Procedures.
- Communicate effectively with physicians and medical staff to coordinated care.
- Uphold excellent bedside manners and ability to create a great patient experience.
- Review test results with patient and family to identify any abnormal findings.
- Provide an explanation of medical procedures and plan of care to patients.
- Attends departmental meetings and professional training sessions as requested.
- Adherence and knowledge of laws to internal medicine, including HIPPA.
- Current board certification or currently board eligible
- Successful completion of an accredited Gastroenterology residency program.
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of NM
Why Lovelace Medical Group:
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits package including 30 days’ vacation
- Generous Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Continuing Medical Education allowance of $5,000 annually
- 401K and deferred compensation
Physician Recruitment Department (505)639-3040 or (505)595-4093
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke-free campuses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Lovelace Health System is a six-hospital system serving the greater Albuquerque, New Mexico metropolitan area. As one of the nation’s top 15 health systems, Lovelace has experienced significant growth in recent years - adding new services, facilities and technology, while earning national recognition as some of health care’s best places to work, one of New Mexico’s family-friendly businesses, as well as one of the healthiest employers. Offering the state’s only dedicated heart hospital and only dedicated women’s hospital, Lovelace Health System is also home to the Heart Hospital of New Mexico at Lovelace Medical Center, which has been named one of the country’s 50 top-performing hospitals for cardiovascular services two years in a row. Lovelace Westside Hospital and Lovelace Women’s Hospital have been recognized by Quality New Mexico for Best in Class, earning the Zia Award. Lovelace Medical Center was named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs. Lovelace Rehabilitation Hospital continues to earn recognition for excellence as in CARF-accredited in six programs. Consumer Reports ranked Lovelace Regional Hospital – Roswell as a Top Hospital in New Mexico for Patient Safety.
While Roswell may be well known as the crash site of an apparent UFO in 1947, there is more to New Mexico’s fifth largest city than alien conspiracy theories. From the Bottomless Lakes State Park or the Bitter Lake National Wildlife Refuge, to a variety of museums, galleries and cafes and cantinas serving authentic New Mexican cuisine, Roswell is a destination offering comfortable living with opportunities to explore and experience the true Southwest.
Whereas temperatures can climb up to 100 degrees during the peak of summer in the lower elevations, daytime highs average only in the 70s in the mountains. Most of the southern desert part of the state will only receive 10 inches or less of precipitation, while twice as much precipitation will fall in higher elevations. Relatively low humidity and more than 300 days of sun are just two more reasons residents take advantage of a variety of outdoor activities.
Want to stay in touch?
Want to tell us something?