General Surgery Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Division: Lovelace Division
- Job Class: Advanced Practitioner Provider
- Status: Full - Time Regular
- Shift: Variable
- Location: Lovelace Medical Center
- Department: General Surgery
- Minimum Education Required: Masters Degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 years
- Provide clinical care to patients in accordance to regulations to include but not limited to obtaining patient history, ordering labs, diagnostic studies, and arranging referrals.
- Surgical First Assist during routine procedures.
- Uphold excellent bedside manners and ability to create a great patient experience.
- Review test results with patient and family to identify any abnormal findings.
- Provide an explanation of medical procedures and plan of care to patients.
- Attends departmental meetings and professional training sessions as requested.
- Adherence and knowledge of laws to internal medicine, including HIPPA.
- Surgical First Assist Experience preferred
- Successful completion of an accredited General Surgery Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program with 2 years or more experience.
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of New Mexico.
Why Lovelace Medical Group:
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits package including 30 days’ vacation
- Generous Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Continuing Medical Education allowance of $3,000 annually
- 401K and deferred compensation
Physician Recruitment Department Maha Qassem (505)639-3040 or Delilah Garcia (505)595-4093
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke-free campuses
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Lovelace Health System is a six-hospital system serving the greater Albuquerque, New Mexico metropolitan area. As one of the nation’s top 15 health systems, Lovelace has experienced significant growth in recent years - adding new services, facilities and technology, while earning national recognition as some of health care’s best places to work, one of New Mexico’s family-friendly businesses, as well as one of the healthiest employers. Offering the state’s only dedicated heart hospital and only dedicated women’s hospital, Lovelace Health System is also home to the Heart Hospital of New Mexico at Lovelace Medical Center, which has been named one of the country’s 50 top-performing hospitals for cardiovascular services two years in a row. Lovelace Westside Hospital and Lovelace Women’s Hospital have been recognized by Quality New Mexico for Best in Class, earning the Zia Award. Lovelace Medical Center was named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 100 Hospitals with Great Neurosurgery and Spine Programs. Lovelace Rehabilitation Hospital continues to earn recognition for excellence as in CARF-accredited in six programs. Consumer Reports ranked Lovelace Regional Hospital – Roswell as a Top Hospital in New Mexico for Patient Safety.
With wide open spaces and at least 310 days of sunshine a year, Albuquerque, NM is the hot air balloon capital of the world. Albuquerque boasts views of the Sandia Mountains to the east, where skiing, kayaking and hiking are prime outdoor adventures for enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. The high-desert climate makes the city an ideal year-round location for taking in a round of golf or enjoying a run. In fact, Albuquerque is known as one of the fittest cities in the nation. While residents have a variety of avenues to stay active, they also like to sit back and enjoy a rich arts culture. Albuquerque is consistently a top art destination, offering one of the country’s oldest public art programs, a flourishing performing arts scene and short road trips to top-rated art markets in Santa Fe and Taos.
A marriage of Native American foods with Spanish ingredients brought by settlers more than 500 years ago, the cuisine is what makes New Mexico unlike any other destination. They are known around the world for their abundant crop of chile, an essential ingredient in authentic Southwestern dishes. Albuquerque is a mix of old with new. You’ll find treasures like Old Town in Albuquerque where Spanish-inspired architecture house popular bakeries, cafes, wineries, cantinas and grills. It is a multi-culturally diverse community where people feel welcomed and inspired.
Whereas temperatures can climb up to 100 degrees during the peak of summer in the lower elevations, daytime highs average only in the 70s in the mountains. Most of the southern desert part of the state will only receive 10 inches or less of precipitation, while twice as much precipitation will fall in higher elevations. Relatively low humidity and more than 300 days of sun are just two more reasons residents take advantage of a variety of outdoor activities.
Want to stay in touch?
Want to tell us something?